SEA is the first of its kind award in Lebanon that honors the Private & Public sectors.
The presentation of awards is based on the idea of honoring leading Lebanese institutions in Lebanon & abroad in banking, trade, industry,
education and franchising for developing concepts and products that promote social welfare, a better environment, create employment offer,
preserve the identity, history and heritage of the country and thus have a positive national impact. We believe that recognizing the
endeavors of institutions from different categories in the economic and social sectors, will improve the state of the less fortunate and this will
reflect on the entire society. The Awards purpose is to create a positive competition among institutions for the sake of improving society’s well –being.
Required Standards for Nomination to Candidacy (As mentioned in the application form)
1- Concept (innovation in the project-new idea, concept with significance)
How is your project/ product innovative?
How is your initiative more effective than existing ones? Why is it a better product or service? (Use of new technologies? Standards & qualifications?)
What challenges are you solving?
How does it promote Lebanon? (Brand name? Export? Franchises abroad?)
How does it improve efficiency and productivity of enterprises and impacts standard of living?
2- Techniques (mechanisms of action appropriate to the development of the project)
How much time and effort did it take to complete the project? (Time investment, employees, teamwork , economic feasibility …)
Does it employ local talents and/or different categories of people?
Does it use local material and craftsmanship to produce?
3- Added value:
Does your project create new job opportunities?
How does it preserve Lebanon’s heritage? Special Lebanese product or craft?
How does it preserve the environment? Sustainable development?
How does it help in rural development and employment? (Does it create job diversification- new opportunities especially in rural
areas both in industry, services or agriculture)
How does it create awareness on specific issues for society’s well-being?
How does it integrate categories with special needs with the rest of the society?
How does it empower vulnerable categories of society? Women or youth?
4- Interaction & Sustainability:
How did you promote or plan to promote your project?
What is its impact? What is its international significance? Is it of universal impact? How is it a viable project? How can the project or
its outcome have a life of its own without continuous support from the initiator (is it financially viable)?
5- Social Responsibility as per ISO 26000:
How is it Compliant with Social Responsibility – ISO 26000 (please discuss 7 core subjects)
7 Core Subjects: 1- Organizational Governance
2- Human Rights
3- Labour Practices
4- The Environment
5- Fair Operating Practices
6- Consumer Issues
7- Community Involvment & Development
Please find below further explanation about the criteria:
As we are committed to the advancement of sustainable corporate social responsibility (CSR) in Lebanon, we encourage SEA award applicants to
demonstrate the capability of their CSR work over a number of criteria particularly the ones that we place a specific importance.
These are as follows:
- The initiative activity (concept) should preferably show some originality compared to other Projects to differentiate it from existing similar projects.
- Stakeholders (employees, community, management, shareholders) should demonstrate active support and engagement in the activity.
- The impact of the CSR activity on the community should be clearly identified and quantified when applicable and possible.
- The sustainability of the project and its impact is of great importance. The question that needs to be answered and evidenced is: "can this project live on
its own in the long term?".
- The longer the project has been established the better it can provide evidence of impact and public awareness.
- While we encourage applicants to submit one project in order to be focused and comparable, we welcome the explanation on how this project fits within an
overall CSR strategy of the institution.
(CSR to be an integrated part of the core business and not a side activity- CSR activities to be at a scale commensurate with the capabilities and size of the
As for the live presentation in front of the Jury, please find below few recommendations that could help you in
better transmitting the message:
- Briefness & Effective use of time allocated: Being brief helps focus on the main messages and highlights the aspects that fit the judgment criteria.
- Compelling reasons for the need to the initiative should be convincing.
- Present material in a clear logical form. Sometimes additional explanation and overstretched presentations may dilute your proposition. Avoid over relying
on marketing material as the core of the application and presentation.
- Evidence & Proof: Provide evidence and proof of the points you are making particularly when it comes to impact.Proof could be numerical (based on
performance indicators) or anecdotal (based on feedback/testimonies). Having clear KPIs for the project can help explain the impact and track and demonstrate
- Enthusiasm versus Aggressiveness: Do not mix enthusiasm with an aggressive sales pitch. While enthusiasm is encouraged to help drive your message across,
an aggressive approach for winning may defocus on the main message.
- Realistic Goals: Being realistic about the prospects of the project as opposed to presenting a strong sales or marketing pitch helps set a more credible tone.